Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Some more April work

My friend Bob sent me a photo he took of snow showers somewhere between Butte and Bozeman when he was there on business a few weeks ago. I loved how dramatic and BIG the sky was in the shot with a small farm under the snow clouds, so I made a large (24x18) collage emphasizing that sky.

I made another bird piece to send with the other dozen collages to my new art gallery in Montana. In the grass I've placed pieces of a topo map of the terrain between Livingston and Yellowstone.

I'm going to submit a few pieces to a show called "Constructed Territory" that is soliciting work using maps, cartography or topographical explorations. I took this photo of the Hoodoos in Yellowstone and have covered many of the rocks with Yellowstone topo map fragments.

No comments:

Post a Comment