Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sea

My Women's Art Workshop group has the topic this month of "Gifts from the Sea." I decided to continue with the pieced-together landscape for the back layer of this collage, but made a darker border/edge this time (whereas last week's had a lighter border). I've used a photo of a boat anchored in the water, then layered on top of it a 1787 ship navigation map (the dark arch shows the gulf stream) and photos we took of some very large and thick sand dollars a woman from the Florida Keys gave us years ago. (I gave one of the potters in my group a couple of the sand dollars last month; she pressed one into the bottom of a clay bowl to take on that star shape, so our pieces will relate to one another!) This canvas is 20" x 10" and is titled "Riding the Gulf Stream."

No comments:

Post a Comment