Saturday, February 7, 2009

Thanks Penny!


This winter I met Penny Zim at Inner Wisdom -- one of my favorite Galesburg stores (check out their new website my hubby and I developed at InnerWisdomBookstore.com). Recently, Penny graciously left a big bag of 1920's era photos at the store for me to see if I could use any of them in my work. WOW! This weekend I made two pieces (yet to be framed). One has photos of Roy Knabenshue's airship over a Chicago amusement park in 1915; I found more photos online of the airship and its shed that were much like the photos in Penny's album! The second piece has two photos of people leaving on a seaplane. My next Art Floozies meeting is in a few weeks and we're all making something with the theme of "gifts from the sea" so my "Two if by Sea" collage might be what I take to that....

No comments:

Post a Comment