Thursday, September 19, 2019

This is Me!

I made this piece to submit to a local show of women artists entitled "This is Me" and to use for my monthly project with my Art Sistas for the assignment of "flight/flying".  I chose to work with a photo my friend Mary took of a prairie plot owned by our friend Linda (all three of us are in the Art Sistas group). I added the illustrations of a bird taking flight to the digital file and then ran several filters on the photo. After choosing 3 that worked well together, I printed those out and cut into strips and did my usual art making process. I then added some strips of yellow and green handmade papers, little torn circles of purple and rust to highlight the flowers, and shredded US currency from the Federal Reserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment