Monday, April 29, 2019

You're Invited to the Lake!

I titled this 24"H x 18"W piece "Beckoning" as the stairs feel like an invitation to come down to the lake. I made three digital alterations of this scene in Michigan, tiled out 18 sheets of legal paper and cut them all into 1/4" strips and combined those with text and handmade paper. I felt like the trees on the left needed something more to activate the dark green shapes; the answer was found at the Michigan Banker's Conference I was attending with my husband. The gentlemen at the  Federal Reserve booth gave me little bags of shredded $1000 bills... so of course I used them in my art!!! I guess I've made a "money tree"!

My friend Rae took the original photo, so when she saw the finished collage she said she had to buy it. I told her I wanted to have it for my Michigan show in August/September, and then she can "take possession" of the art.  :-)  The first photo is of the finished collage (on 2" deep cradled panel) and the 2nd and 3rd photos are detail shots showing the text and the shredded currency.



No comments:

Post a Comment