Sunday, January 31, 2010

Assignment: Audubon





Since I love to watch birds and have done a number of bird-oriented collages, I decided to make some pieces to submit to an international juried art show in Chicago entitled "Beyond Audubon" which is seeking work that "applauds, challenges or transcends the bird illustrations of John James Audubon."

I'm submitting one piece from 2008 entitled "Super Bird Sees All" and two new pieces "Corvus Corax" and "Pine Warbler Notes." (The imagery wraps around the 12" x 12" x 1.5" canvases.) I'll find out in early March whether any of my submissions have been chosen by the juror....

1 comment:

  1. I love to watch birds, too, Lori. I fill feeders outside my windows to entice them closer so I'll have a better view. It's worth the time/expense and is some days quite a distraction! Anyway, I love these pieces and wish you well with your submission ~ ~ ~

    ReplyDelete