Monday, October 26, 2009

Triptych


I'm hoping to line up a gallery show with my spiral series (all are 9" x 11") and wanted a bigger work to kind of "anchor the wall" in a gallery. This piece is made up of three canvases that add up to 25" x 36" -- the two at the edges are a half inch thicker than the central panel. I'm featuring a fabulous raven photo Rob took in Yellowstone that I used the "paint daub" filter on in Photoshop. The raven is sitting on ground made up of some torn pieces of the "paint daub" rocks, two different scales of topo maps, tissue paper and paint. (If you click on the image you can see the details better at a larger size.) I usually set my most recent collages on shelves in our dining room to live with the art for awhile and see how it looks in different light. This is way too big for the shelves AND can't all sit on the same surface as they need to hang at different levels... may need to remove a painting in the living room for awhile to see how this looks on a wall!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way you use the Topo. maps to define the shape of the rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you decide which canvases to be raised? Why not raise the middle as it is the focal point?

    ReplyDelete