Saturday, January 10, 2009

Exploring

We recently went to the Saint Louis Museum of Art to see the show "Action/Abstraction: Pollock, de Kooning and American Art, 1940-1976." I decided to create something with a more abstract feel -- using bits of paper like de Kooning used  splotches of paint. This was the result. I'm calling it "Offering" since the Egyptian frieze fragment shows men presenting offerings of grain and animals. The green paper at the bottom I thought gave a feel of the Nile valley with lush vegetation. I chose the other colors based on what had been used to paint the frieze.

1 comment:

  1. OH LORI! I honestly think this is the second best of your collage
    work I have seen. Of course Mr. & Mrs. Robert is the best
    one;-) I just love everything about it. The textures, the colors!

    ReplyDelete